Skip to main content

That's right, a new post

Unsurprisingly, I skipped a day of working on this blog. But hey it got me thinking, should I post here everyday? I mean, it's not like I'm creating a sustained source of content for my followers here anyways. But still, it's a good habit that i ought to be keeping. I will try for you guys :'). Onto today's topic however: things I do while I'm NOT in school! (And thus I will conclude my blog and rip).

Here it is

Like I mentioned in my first post, I consider myself pretty average despite all my efforts to escape the Gauss distribution's natural roulette. For that, it goes without saying that I don't find my hobbies particularly interesting to talk about, but I will do my best to make them sound "coolio" and "hip".

League of Legends

Yes, I am part of that never-ending cancer that is the game League of Legends. Just seeing it written in Times New Roman makes my whole body cringe and twitch. All the labels that are associated with it are so true it hurts. I hate everything about the game, but I've cornered myself into it being what it really defines me. I feel and fear that once I quit the tumor-inducing MOBA I will just have too much free time that I won't know how to use. It's a lot like extracting a cyst, really. Once someone scoops/cuts/freezes(yes) it out, the "host" will just have a gaping void in their skin that simply will not be filled and can only hope for it to heal over time. This was my very first metaphor/analogy, I hope you liked it. But it accurately describes what I foresee I suppose. Of course you can say "more time is always good" but you can only apply that when you know what you will do with your time. I am just lost. I can't bear studying more and don't take it personal guys but I don't wanna be writing here 24/7 either. I just don't see what other way could there be for me to relax and chill. Possibly a Project. Who knows.

Photography

 Not sure when, but at a certain point of my life, all of a sudden, a taste for photography was born inside of me. I don't really know what went through my head, maybe a crack at solving the Lack of Self Definition Crisis (I guess it's a thing now), or I had seen a really great picture and thought to myself "hey, i wouldnt mind doing that". But it wasn't one of those things I HAD to do, it's something I would enjoy learning about; it wasn't a passion shaping itself in me nor was it ever close to being a hobby. It was, as I firstly called it, a taste. Although, like any picture-taker would say, I like my photos; most of them are related to nature in some way, but it seems only logical that a beginner would start at a place where beauty is "laying all around" rather than on a smelly dump (city). I try to capture as many different concepts in them as I remember: patterns, color, symmetry but I still haven't managed to photograph a Golden spiral.

Yes, I will advertise my Instagram account. Sorry not sorry: @smoothsmoosho

Drawing

Unlike photography, I have always been really fond of drawings and sketches. My favorites are the unclean ones (not that type of unclean), with lots of guide lines and pencil marks. They remind me of creation or the birth of prototypes or innovation: the concepts that brought me to this very school that refuses to properly teach HTML programming. Now, also unlike photography, I don't consider myself a good "artist" nor nowhere near it. To be fair, I am just blown away whenever someone draws something visually appealing. I find it unreal after my amount of tries at achieving the very same goal or a simpler goal. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike my sketches I just, find them underachieving and fairly disappointing compared to what I had in mind when I started them. Lately though, I have started to train basic human proportions and I've also been trying to draw motion. It is not going to bad (denial) I think and I hope I can keep a steady line of work.

Why am I saying this

That being said, I really fail to see the point of telling you this. Hands down, I don't see why would anyone be interested in it. And I've also considered the hypothesis of me writing this to my future self, but, in that case, why shouldn't I be writing in a notebook or something that is not public?

I'm sorry to anyone that is reading this that is actually enjoying it.

I think I will end most of my posts with an existential crisis if I'm going to make a diary out of this.


Comments

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE

A brief introduction for a brief blog

So I saw this one article on the interwebs saying creating a blog would be a productive way to spend my time. Unfortunately, I have little to no content to offer you guys so every post that will appear here will be squeezed out of the empty tube of toothpaste that is my brain. The reason because of that is because I feel amazingly ordinary when asked to create content or to tell someone about myself. I mean, I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way, the type of person who has that existential crisis of not knowing who they really are or what makes them special. I like to believe that at least. Brings me a sad, unhealthy comfort. That being sad, like most people, I also tend to quit good habits quite easily. For instance, I started this year committed to recording one vlog a day, (which now has been reduced to twice a week tops); I was once very determined to write a book also, giving up when I started developing the first character; studying frequently has also star...

What am i doing with my life? - Answered! 🙂

Although I am not really sure of what I will write about (apparently it will be about my problems with this blog but) I think I have a general idea of things I am pretty sure I will not approach. My life right now is either school or not school. There is no in-between. As much as I would very much like to change that, I am not going to talk about that here. School When I am comfortable enough, I will make sure you will give you a few heads on on what I will be studying at the time. After several seconds of introspection and self acceptance I have decided to share my science with you. Right now I am working on my Computer Engineering degree. My subjects include Algebra and Geometry, Calculus, Programming in Python and HTML/Java and Physics. Algebra  hasn't been much of a problem so far, we have been working with matrix's (?) pretty much the whole time so far. In case you're thinking of the Keanu Reeves career boost, it is far more boring than that. Essentially, t...