Although I am not really sure of what I will write about (apparently it will be about my problems with this blog but) I think I have a general idea of things I am pretty sure I will not approach.
My life right now is either school or not school. There is no in-between. As much as I would very much like to change that, I am not going to talk about that here.
Seriously brings me down the possibilities that are being thrown away. We could've learned how to properly develop and design a website or a form by now and yet we barely even know how to make a visually appealing text box.
Python is much more simple. I mean, I would say its the "solving" part of being an engineer. From what I have done, most of the Python application exercises seemed pretty practical and to be honest quite exciting to solve, given that our teacher actually knows how to teach and not just speak. In case you are reading this in the hopes of understanding programming a bit more, for whatever reason may be, Python is based on functions and it's syntax is so easy to grasp you can understand what most parts of the code do, even if you have never learned anything about it. HTML is quite frankly the opposite. It's syntax is tricky (lots of ugly characters like >,< and $ when you start applying other apps on your code (oh yes, you have to apply other apps if you want to make something decent)) and functions are more of an "optional" route, depending on what website you wish to create.
Now keep in mind two crucial things:
My life right now is either school or not school. There is no in-between. As much as I would very much like to change that, I am not going to talk about that here.
School
When I am comfortable enough, I will make sure you will give you a few heads on on what I will be studying at the time.
After several seconds of introspection and self acceptance I have decided to share my science with you. Right now I am working on my Computer Engineering degree. My subjects include Algebra and Geometry, Calculus, Programming in Python and HTML/Java and Physics.
After several seconds of introspection and self acceptance I have decided to share my science with you. Right now I am working on my Computer Engineering degree. My subjects include Algebra and Geometry, Calculus, Programming in Python and HTML/Java and Physics.
Algebra
hasn't been much of a problem so far, we have been working with matrix's (?) pretty much the whole time so far. In case you're thinking of the Keanu Reeves career boost, it is far more boring than that. Essentially, they are tables. Used for data storage and handling, system solving and, lately, we are using them to study dimensions and sub-spaces generated by given vectors, and this is where the Geometry comes in. Not the fun geometry with cubes and volumes, oh no. Raw, more abstract than a Kandinsky and dense Geometry. Love it.
Calculus.
Oh man calculus has been a pain ever since the beginning. The hard part aren't the actual concepts or problems. Maybe a bit. BUT what I'm trying to say is, as it is known, the teacher and the student play the most important role when it comes to learning. If one of them doesn't do their job properly, studying will be fruitless and rip degree. I am not saying I am good at doing my job but, maybe the 2-classes-in-one death by snu snu Vera Kharlamova isn't the best teacher? Just a hunch I mean, maybe classes were meant to be taught two in one? Or calculus was meant to be taught with a thick, incomprehensible Russian accent. One of those two, surely. All I'm saying is that it makes classes twice as hard to grasp and calculating integrals go through the rough when it comes down to difficulty. (Real quick, the integral of a function is the inverse of the derivative. The derivative of a function, on the other hand, is the function that translates the variation of its "slope"). But yea, today we began a new topic: series. Horror series am I right? Hahaha *end me*. No, but seriously, they don't seem that hard yet. We essentially divided them into convergent or divergent on whether they had a limit or not. ENOUGH CALCULUS THOUGH.
Programming
So basically, what should be 90% of my course is, in reality, 40% of it, math being done. Moreover, 50% of that 40% suffers from the same problem as Calculus but on a far more grievous scale. The man just resorts to reading for Christ sake. The theoretical classes are frustrating, dull and, above all, pointless since, speaking for myself, I get out of class knowing less than what I knew when I came in. This is the HTML/Java part. And what saddens me the most, is that this particular subject is the one with the most potential to be the funnest. Our creativity is limited to what we know, and when we know nothing life just sucks I guess. At the beginning of the year, we were given a lecture on that an engineer actually does.
"An engineer solves and creates."HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO HALF OF MY JOB
Seriously brings me down the possibilities that are being thrown away. We could've learned how to properly develop and design a website or a form by now and yet we barely even know how to make a visually appealing text box.
Python is much more simple. I mean, I would say its the "solving" part of being an engineer. From what I have done, most of the Python application exercises seemed pretty practical and to be honest quite exciting to solve, given that our teacher actually knows how to teach and not just speak. In case you are reading this in the hopes of understanding programming a bit more, for whatever reason may be, Python is based on functions and it's syntax is so easy to grasp you can understand what most parts of the code do, even if you have never learned anything about it. HTML is quite frankly the opposite. It's syntax is tricky (lots of ugly characters like >,< and $ when you start applying other apps on your code (oh yes, you have to apply other apps if you want to make something decent)) and functions are more of an "optional" route, depending on what website you wish to create.
Now keep in mind two crucial things:
- This is my first year learning this stuff, so these notions shouldn't be taken too seriously, I am just describing things as I perceive them in this very moment.
- You can easily relate my love/hate for Python/HTML with the teachers I mentioned in each of the languages. Like I said, don't take this too seriously.
Physics
My physics teacher began the year with an inspiring lighthearted speech on grades, students and jobs. To be short, if you're good you get a job, if you aren't good, the rest of your days will be spent next to the mechanical engineers: working as a cashier. I don't know, maybe it was the hate towards mechanical engineers or the idea of working as a cashier after 3-5 years of hard work and dedication, but something stopped me from falling in love with that speech. He then proceeded by asking us why did we think we have this subject. For some reason which I also don't know yet but nobody really wanted to answer that, so he did, saying we needed physics to develop video games. I accepted it, sounded pretty true to me and I didn't really have much of a choice but to do it so, physics. Hooray!To be honest, I actually like physics and the teacher isn't that bad. A month back we started talking about pendulums and damped oscillations which was actually pretty fun and had a nice touch of math to it, and before that we talked about lenses and mirrors which was something I really looked forward too and disappointed me more than No Man's Sky disappointed the gaming community. Lately however, we started learning Quantum Physics which makes me feel like a big shot until I realize I don't really get what's going on. To be more precise, we've been discussing the photoelectric effect and deepened what we had learnt in high school: photons, potency of the electrons that are ejected and its kinetic energy all that + the waves and the sinusoidal waves from what we learned before and we got ourselves a nice way to spend here another wonderful year learning the same exact thing which I will obviously implement in my next video game hit: The Photoelectric Effect: Reloaded.
I wasn't really expecting this article to become so long, that's why I introduced two topics (school and no school) but I guess I will approach the second one on some other time. This is it. For now...👻👻👻 *spooooky*
I wasn't really expecting this article to become so long, that's why I introduced two topics (school and no school) but I guess I will approach the second one on some other time. This is it. For now...👻👻👻 *spooooky*
Comments
Post a Comment